Monday, July 10, 2006

Short & Sweet

Not too much to report today. I spent the weekend playing softball and using my body parts instead of my glove to stop line drives. Needless to say, I'm sporting some interesting bruises today. But it was a lot of fun even if I couldn't seem to get my brain and body to work in tandem and field as well as I should have been. On the plus side, my hitting was great. Now if I can only get the two to work together on the same day...

I finished reading Crazy for You by Jennifer Crusie, although I wasn't that crazy about it. There was an aspect of the hero that I was really interested to see where it stemmed from and that was actually what kept me reading, but then it was never explained, so his whole motivation never made sense by the end of the book. Definitely not one of my favorites. My faves of hers are Tell Me Lies, Bet Me, Welcome to Temptation, and Faking It. Right now I'm reading Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep A Secret. It's hilarious.

I watched some movies too this weekend. Dear Frankie (one of my all time favorites with Gerard Butler), Hart's War (very good), and 61* (awesome movie about Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris). I also have History of Violence with Viggo Mortenson which I'm going to watch tonight.

Revisions are still slogging along. I made a little more progress today, but now I've hit another chapter which will have to be rewritten because it's flagged as...well let me see, I believe my exact words were...ah yes...'drop dead boring snoozefest'. Gee Kelly, tell me how you really feel. So apparently that's going to need some work.

My goal this week is to reach the end of Chapter 10 in my revisions, which is actually chapter 11 now since I added new scenes which added a chapter. So much for shrinking that word count. Maybe I can just erase the drop dead boring snoozefest altogether to make up the difference.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you've been playing softball for how long now...and you still haven't quite gotten the hang of using that glove?

Maybe you should take up soccer...they're supposed to use their bodies to block the ball.

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm pretty sure that's the problem - I grew up playing soccer, so my first reaction when I see a ball coming is just to get my body in front of it and stop it. I really need to quit doing that...

Anonymous said...

No kidding! Especially considering how frequently the head gets used to block shots in soccer.

Of course, that could explain a lot... ;)

Dixie Belle said...

A History of Violence is a very artsy movie that has graphic violence and sexual scenes. My mouth dropped open a few times! LOL

Melissa Amateis said...

Hart's War is a great movie. Colin Farrell actually looked CLEAN. LOL

Julie S said...

Good luck on your revisions!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across your blog about your softball game and I must say that I've been through my shares of bruises and injuries stemming from this game. But fortunately I've gotten used to it and now I can take the pain. I joined a softball team from around my area on this site called sportsvite.com , and it's pretty cool. You can make your own team or join another one too. Check it out!