|First book on deck for 2013.|
This year I am determined to read 2 books per month for a total of 24 books in 2013. Now, I know that doesn’t sound like a lot. I’ve seen some people with goals of 50 or 100 books over the course of the year. I don’t know how they do it. I’m convinced these people either don’t sleep, or speed read. I’d love to be able to manage that many books. Then maybe I’d put a bit more of a dent in my TBR pile, because I know I will definitely buy more than 24 books throughout the year, leaving me no further ahead than when I started. But whatever. A girl can never have too many books.
Given my inability to read at the speed of light, I will stick with my 24 book goal. And, since I never met a list I didn’t like to make, I’ve…well… made a list. I went through my TBR pile and picked out the 24 books I plan to read. Now I say planned because, as my goals group partner Anne MacFarlane asked, “What happens if you buy a book and want to read it right away?” My incredibly articular response was, “Uh…then I’ll probably just read it.” The list isn’t written in stone so much as a guideline. The overall number of books read is the ultimate goal.
So here is my planned but not written in stone list of books for 2013:
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- The Dove Keepers – Alice Hoffman
- Inside – Alix Ohlin
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
- The Broker – John Grisham
- The Litigators – John Grisham
- The Life You Longed For – Maribeth Fischer
- The House at Riverton – Kate Morton
- The Rose Garden – Susanna Kearsley
- The Lost Wife – Alyson Richman
- Duchess (a novel of Sarah Churchill) – Susan Holloway Scott
- The Eighty Dollar Champion – Elizabetth Letts
- Silent In the Sanctuary – Deanna Raybourn
- Falling Together – Marisa de los Santos
- The Book of Negroes – Lawrence Hill
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth – Carrie Ryan
- Graceling – Kristen Cashore
- A Storm of Swords – George R. R. Martin
- Last Night In Twisted River – John Irving
- Rebel Heiress – Fiona Mountain
- Sarah’s Key – Tatiana de Rosnay
- Emily Hudson – Melissa Jones
- The Preacher’s Daughter – Cheryl St. John
- The Dressmaker – Posie Graeme-Evans
First up is The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.
So what about you - have you set any book challenges for 2013?