Saturday, January 05, 2013

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream...

“When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake.”~ From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk

 
I feel like the walking dead.

I’m in the middle of a lovely bout of insomnia that has been going on for three weeks now. I’ve hit the point where I start giggling partway through a conversation. With myself. Or I wander off in the middle of someone else’s conversation because I’ve forgotten we’re having one. While they’re still talking. This can’t end well.


I’ve tried a few different methods that usually help break the bout and get me back on track: melatonin, hot bath/shower, reading before bed, Advil PM. My insomnia just laughed at it. I swear. I heard it. Oh crap…I’m hearing things now.

I figure it’s just a matter of time before my brain shuts down completely and I wander into a wall or a tree. Maybe traffic. I probably shouldn’t be driving come to think of it, but I’m too tired to walk.

Oddly, I’ve managed to meet my weekly goal of 30 new pages written. Granted, when I edit them this weekend I may find I’ve nothing but the scribbled gibberish of a madwoman.  Seeing as I'm off to Starbucks momentarily to do my editing, I guess I'll soon find out!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: