Friday, August 17, 2007

The Six Month Moritorium

Okay, so some of you may have noticed I took down yesterday's post about the new pup.

I have changed my mind. Yes, that's right. All the hype and none of the follow through. Welcome to my freaky brain. I feel slightly stupid, mostly for not realizing this before things went this far, but also because. Well, just because. But apparently I was grieving. Or rather still am. I really should have read those six steps more closely. Luckily my brother was there to inform me.

You see, I started freaking out, second guessing my decision, realizing maybe the beagle wasn't the right choice and oh no I'm rushing into this and what if this is wrong and why does my gut feel like someone poured acid into??

My brother, who lost his dog a few months before I lost Coop said he went through the same thing about 'need to get another dog now'. But my brother, apparently being far more sane a creature than I, made himself wait six months before he made any decisions. He figured that way he wouldn't rush in and regret later.


Oh. Right. Well that makes sense. Act in haste, repent at leisure and all that rot.

So I made the decision to call the breeder and pass on the new pup. Then I told my brother he had my permission to sit on me, or my bank card, if I tried to buy a new dog before next year.


Sigh...on the plus side, I guess I can afford to get my floors done now.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Tough decision. But I always listen when my gut is telling me something isn't right.

Unknown said...

Very tough decision, but it sounds like you made the right one. Those doubts were there for a reason.

Anonymous said...

I admire you for making this decision. A lot of people would ignore their misgivings and then go on to regret their decision. So good for you for making the right choice for you, no matter how tough it was to do. :-)

MJFredrick said...

HUGS, Kelly!

Bailey Stewart said...

People grieve in different ways, your gut knew what was wrong and was trying to tell you. You've made the best decision for you. And next year you'll find the perfect dog out of "want" instead of "need".

Lexi said...

Listen to that gut! If you do, it won't steer you wrong. Good decision, btw. Your heart will love yo for it in the end. (And maybe your mind will too.)

Julie S said...

Smart to wait a few more months. Tough decision...but you'll be glad you waited next year when you're truly ready :-)

Dixie Belle said...

If you're not ready, it is better to wait!

Your storyboard looks good. I have got to start mine today. No more putting it off. I need you to get out a whip....

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Aren't brothers great?

When you contacted the breeder your urge to take some kind of action felt positive, but when your gut started waving for your attention, you were very wise to listen. Big hugs from me.

Tess said...

I hear you. Big hugs ((())) You'll know when the time is right.