Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

I had a total brainstorm this morning. I have changed the character of my villain to make him more three dimensional and in the process I had an epiphany that gave me an entirely new ending to the story. For crying out loud it was staring me in the face the whole time!!

Ahhh...I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Granted, I still have to map out how I'm going to accomplish all that's left in just 100 pages, but hey, at least I know how it's going to end and this ending makes much more sense with everyone's motivations. Whew...

Now I can kick back and relax this weekend. Maybe do a little plotting. I have Saturday morning to myself again now that the running clinic has ended. That was a lot of fun. I'd like to do another one. Maybe the 5 or 10K clinic this time if they hold it on Saturday. Most of the clinics are through the week at around 6 pm and there is no way I can get home from work, feed & water the canine and get back across the bridge in suppertime traffic all in under an hour. Unless I learn to bend time. Which I'm working on. I'll keep you updated on that. I feel a patent pending.

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome Kelly! Congratulations on the break through. :)

And I hope you have a great weekend!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Seems weird when it stares you in the face but you couldn't see it before. I think plot breakthroughs wear cloaking devices.

Toni Anderson said...

Let me know about the time bending thing because I could really use that :)

Unknown said...

WooHoo on the breakthrough!

Julie S said...

Congrats on the epiphany! Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Melissa Amateis said...

Yay! I love breakthroughs! It's a feeling unlike any other.