Christine tagged me on this meme thingy.
Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) I like to think of rules more like guidelines. That’s the great thing about being a Capricorn. We like structure. We like rules. And because of this, we have an uncanny ability to bend and twist both to our liking while still giving the appearance that we’re following both to a tee. And in keeping with that I am going to list my eight things, and I am going to leave it open to whichever 8 people feel like posting it on theirs. Which is what they tell me to do in the rules, more or less. It’s all in the interpretation.
2) I have never had a relationship last longer than 6 months. In fact, most of my relationships are lucky if they get past six weeks. Or six days. I don’t like wasting time, and I am a good judge of character. It takes me very little time to know if someone is right for me. I have a short list of qualifications and if the guy can't handle the short list, it just isn't going to work. I don't try to change people, that's not my job. I'll take you as you are, or I'll leave you as you are. Most people see this as commitment issues on my part, but in truth I view it as efficiency. Why spend time in something that isn't what you want or need? Like I said, I hate wasting time.
3) My favorite mode of transportation is horseback. Second favorite – by foot. I hate to fly, hate being on boats unless I’m actively rowing and while I love my car I never feel completely safe in a motorized vehicle. And don’t even get me started on Metro Transit or subways...
4) If I have canine companionship, I can go long stretches of time without human interaction. It’s not that I don’t like you humans, I just like my alone time and dogs just seem to give me the perfect amount of quiet companionship without all the irritating stresses humans bring to the table.
5) I am the list-making queen. Seriously. If there was a kingdom of listmakers, I would rule that kingdom. Other listmakers would bow down at my feet in awe at my ability to whip out a list at the slightest provocation. I have even made lists about the lists I want to make. Perhaps I should make a twelve step list on how to get over this...
6) I get claustrophobic when it comes to freedom. I can’t stand being somewhere I can’t get out of. Like when I’m in the office and I know I have to be there for 8 hours a day. I get fidgety. I start to climb the walls. I walk around the office all jittery like I need a crack fix or something. Sometimes I’ll just get up and go stand outside for a few minutes to keep from losing my mind entirely. I’d probably go stark raving mad in prison.
7) When I was in Grade 4 I joined our elementary school choir. After a couple of weeks the music teacher not so kindly suggested I might want to take up an instrument instead. So I became the best wood block playing/ukulele player the A.G. Baillie Elementary School had ever seen. Despite that – I still love to sing and will belt out a tune like nobody’s business although I try to restrict it to the car and the home where it will do the least amount of ocular damage.
8) I want to live on the countryside so bad I can barely stand being anywhere else.