Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Thunder & Lightening

Got just a little bit of a storm going on here. It's mostly died down by now but I think I'll shut the computer off and work longhand for a bit just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to fry my computer innards. That would just be bad. Besides, we have an editor coming to visit our chapter in a couple of months and she's graciously offered to let us send her a synopsis and first chapter beforehand and then meet with us to discuss it when she comes down. I want to pitch the second contemporary but I have to figure out the story before I can write the synopsis. And maybe come up with a title which I'm having a devil of a time with... So off I go, to put butt from chair onto couch, notebook in hand.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Editor?!?

First chapter and synopsis?!?

(me running around a la chicken with head cut off)

Tess said...

Good idea to shut down the computer. I generally unplug the power bar from the wall, just to be safe! Fried computer innards scare me!!

Cool re the opp to talk to the editor :-)

Melissa Amateis said...

Oh wow. An editor at your chapter meeting? VERY cool!

Bailey Stewart said...

That sounds great - good luck on it.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, what's a little lightening between friends?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm time to go out for a run with an antenna, better yet, a kite with a key!! How close was it?

Shelli Stevens said...

Wow you rock. I can't make myself write long hand. My hand starts to hurt!