Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Showdown

Holy crap! Totally lost track of time. I was in the middle of writing the final shoot 'em up showdown and just realized I am late, late, late!

Quick update: trying to do the whole 'author branding' thing and failing miserably at it. Apparently there is a reason I never went into marketing. Argh. Have something I halfway like but not sure its bang on what I want. Which is frustrating because I want to put it on my website before I go live with it and it's holding me up.

I spent most of yesterday when I wasn't working outlining my contemporary novel. Still haven't come up with a title but the outline is almost done. I did two storylines - Lucy's and Dash's. Then I'm going to merge them to bring the story together. Meet Dash - You'll note he bear's a striking resemblance to Cole Hauser. Hmm... now how did that happen? The truth comes out - I only write so I have an excuse to think about my current crush ad nauseum.

I have to write a synopsis and first chapter for the book before September 10th to give to our visiting editor. Guess I better come up with a title before then. Contemporary #2 probably won't cut it.

Branding, titles and synopsis...my favorites. Insert eye roll here.

7 comments:

julia said...

Strangely, I also write so I can obsessively think of a cutie. It's probably rampant in the industry.

Melissa Marsh said...

I'm struggling with the whole branding thing myself. I'm writing an inspirational, but the next one I'm working on is just a romantic suspense with no inspirational elements. What's a girl to do?

Tess said...

I hear you on the whole branding thing. I've been thinking about it too, and still can't quite come up with something that really works for me that I can realistically put together without spending a fortune on a designed site/graphics etc.

And now I have a contemp story niggling at me. Very annoying. I just really do NOT need this right now while I have one ms in progress, another on final, final edits and a list of future story ideas (all historical) just waiting for their turn. *sigh*

Good luck with that synopsis :-) As for titles, groan. It always takes me forever to come up with one I like.

Stacy Dawn said...

It took me a while to come up with my 'slogan' on my site too. You'll find it because it will just 'feel' right. Not easy, especially when you are combining two time genres. Good Luck

Julie S said...

It's so fun coming up with a new story! Cole Hauser's a cutie.

I'm glad I don't have to think about branding yet. What a nightmare.

Marty said...

"I only write so I have an excuse to think about my current crush ad nauseum"

Thank goodness--I thought it was just me, lol!

Branding is tough, especially if (like me) you like to redecorate on a regular basis.

Lexi said...

Cole Hauser- yummy! I'm really glad though that I'm not the only one who thinks about a hot actor playing the part of my heroes.