Monday, March 06, 2006

Bleary-eyed Outlining

Every year I tell myself I'm not staying up to watch all of the Oscars, and every year I end up ignoring that statement on the day the year comes. It's the only award show I still watch, although admittedly I always check out the red carpet of most of the other ones. After all, I need to determine which designer I like best so that it'll be a much easier pick when I am nominated for best adapted screenplay--oops--oh wait, there goes my fantasy life spilling over onto the blog pages again...

Anyway, needless to say, I am dragging my butt this morning, and it didn't help I spent the night having this strange dream where my parents were renovating a house that looked like the private waiting room in some airport. The lounge/house was packed with my brother, sister, niece and nephews, best friend, Mom and a few other kids I didn't recognize. When I asked my nephew, who turns four this coming weekend, if I could get one of the newly renovated rooms he said that no, that wouldn't work, put on this toy phone set earpiece and pretended to book me a room at a hotel, the entire time referring to me as Mrs. Tinsley. The whole thing was so bizarre I was actually laughing as I woke up.

But today, despite my bleary-eyed brain numbness, I need to finish working on my outline so I can get things straightened out and in order for the last third of my book. I think I need to print off what I have done so far and read through as well to see how it is all gelling together. Now...if only I can keep my eyes open, I'll be all set.

6 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

You know, I think the fact that I said 'the day the year comes' only goes to show I should not stay up past 11 pm...

Anonymous said...

Oscar night is second only to Christmas Eve in my yearly calendar of excitement. I will only miss it if I'm stuck in a tree somewhere, dangling by a parachute thread. And since I never plan to go skydiving, luckily that possibility is remote. And since I never go to bed early anyway, no one can tell the difference in my early-morning functionality, post-Oscars or just a typical day.

Tess said...

I'm bleary eyed too. We got home from our Oscar do around midnight, I fell asleep before 1, but woke up again around 3.

LOVED the show :-) Jon Stewart was great!

Yay Paul Haggis for winning with Crash!!!

Maxx said...

Did you eat cheese before bedtime because that is one bizarre dream. I'll put some thought into it while I pretend to work.

ps... because there's hotmail issues in Podland and I can't email you from my set... but FYI: Annoying Girl with a Suspected Secret Life is here today so apparently she hasn't been jettisoned... stay tuned...

Kelly Boyce said...

Hotmail issues in Podland?! Say it ain't so!!

Melissa Amateis said...

I didn't watch the Oscars. I thought about going over to my mom's to watch it since I don't have rabbit ears or anything on my t.v., but I knew we wouldn't get home in time for my daughter to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

I'm glad Rachel Weisz won, though - she's one of my favorite actresses. :)