Friday, January 13, 2006

More Fun With Lists

What were you doing ten years ago?
Wow...ten years ago...I was working with my buds at a property management company and having the time of my life for the most part. I had finished writing War Wounds but hadn't moved on to anything new. I was single and renting a townhouse with my brother. I had also just recently found Cooper in the back of a shed, paid my $50 and took her home. Still the best decision I ever made.

What were you doing one year ago?
Started my first attempt to finish The Outlaw Bride after placing first in the Toronto RWA Original Golden Opportunity contest and getting a request for a full from HQN. I was also trying to figure out my finances so that I could get to Reno.

Five Snacks You Enjoy
1. Chocolate
2. Potato Chips
3. McDonald Cheeseburgers (hey, they're small enough to be a snack!)
4. Almost any finger food
5. Nuts, all kinds

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics
(Okay, anyone who knows me well, knows I have a penchant for massacring song lyrics so coming up with five I actually know is a bit of a chore...)
1. Desperado by The Eagles
2. Jeremy by Pearl Jam
3. 4 am by Out Lady Peace
4. Montreal by Blue Rodeo
5. It's Getting Better All the Time by Brooks & Dunn

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1. Quit my job and write full time
2. Travel all over the world
3. Study European History in Europe
4. Buy a hobby farm in Tuscany
5. Buy a villa in the South of France

Five Bad Habits
1. Stubborn
2. Rationalize my bad eating habits with lame excuses
3. Keeping my feelings to myself (I'm a Capricorn, dammit, we're a reserved people!)
4. Spending money when I should be saving it, then complaining I have no money
5. Taking on more than I really have time to do

Five Things You Like Doing
1. Writing
2. Reading
3. Movies
4. Horseback riding
5. Spending time alone in the quiet with my dog

Five Things You Would Never Wear or Buy Again
1. Anything neon
2. Jeans so tight they cut off your circulation
3. Anything that looks like it may have once been worn by any member of Duran Duran
4. Socks with individual toes in them
5. Sneakers as a choice of footwear outside of the gym

Five Favorite Toys
1. My books
2. My DVD player & big screen tv
3. My coffeemaker
4. My car (ah...the freedom of the open road...)
5. My treadmill

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I never understood the concept of socks with individual toes. ;-)

Cathryn Fox said...

Wow, ten years ago seems like a lifetime to me now. My kids were only one and two, and very, very active. So what was I doing ten years ago...walking around like a sleep deprived zombie.