Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's a Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways,
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests,
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall. ~ Bob Dylan

Blech. It's rainy and stormy and I'm pretty sure I just heard thunder. Unless that was my neighbor's car. Sometimes it's hard to tell when I'm down in the basement. Still, thunder or no thunder, it is superbly disgusting out there today and I would much rather crawl back into bed, throw the covers over my head and not even think of going to work today. Unfortunately (and isn't there always an unfortunately where work is concerned?) this is my last day to get a report done so that I can take Monday off and get an extra long 4-day weekend out of the deal.

Luckily, my part of the report is easy enough, I just have to compile, type and pdf the mass of documents once I get them. I could do that in my sleep and still get it out on time. That's not the problem. The problem is chasing the reports I need down from other people who should have had them to me days ago. So that will be my day today - chasing, typing, compiling, pdf-ing. With a brief one-hour lunch break that will consist of scarfing down a bagel and reading/editing more of my manuscript.

I'm making some good progress on it, and most of the revisions are just minor - word changes here and there, removing what doesn't need to be there, checking information I put in jives with what comes earlier or after. I have discovered however that my hero likes to glare and clench his jaw on a fairly regular basis. He may well be a candidate for TMJ if he keeps that up. Guess I'll have to fix that for him. It's the least I can do, I suppose, after all I put the guy through.


Damn. Sounds like something rather large just blew down my neighbor's driveway...

4 comments:

Tess said...

Good luck with the report :-)

Hope the weather calms down there. It's not much nicer here :-S

ces said...

BOB!!!!!

Melissa Amateis said...

Now you've got me wondering what blew into the neighbor's driveway!

I want a cold, rainy, wet day. We've had too much sun lately.

Tess said...

Hmm - it appears she's going to leave us hanging! Let's hope it's because she' hard at work on her ms :-) (Which is what I should return to in a mo.)