I bought new toner for my laser printer a couple months back and when my old toner ran out I replaced it a couple weeks ago. But the new toner is a dud. It leaves about the first two inches of the left hand side of the page faded so you can barely read it. At first I thought maybe I just needed to run some pages to get the toner moving in the drum, but nope. After printing off 148 single spaced pages of my manuscript there was no change.
Sigh...and of course I don't have the sales slip. But I'm hoping since it was a Staples brand and you can tell from the weight of it that its still full and barely used, that they won't give me a hassle about the exchange. Damn toner cost $130 and I can't afford to just toss it away without an exchange or refund. And I have to have the toner ASAP because I need to print the final manuscript off in (hopefully...) a few weeks time to send off to HQN. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate a faded representation of my work that left them guessing at everything on the left hand side.
Perhaps I could just slap on a sticky note telling them to just fill it in for themselves with whatever they'd like to see there.
Grrr. Argh. I'm beginning to feel like the butt end of a large karmic joke.
Anyway, between printing off the first 63,000 words of the manuscript I didn't manage to get much written this morning. My brain felt like mushed oatmeal too, which didn't help the process any. I finished off the scene I had started yesterday and that was about it. But tomorrow I'll have time to work on it some more to try and catch up. I'm housebound until the chimney guy shows up. I've decided to read through what I have so far to make sure I'm still on track and then put a push on to finish this thing up.