Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Plot Thickens...

There was a mass exodus in my office today. Bowling and pizza. W-o-o h-o-o. Thankfully, playing nursemaid to my pooch gave me a perfect excuse to opt out. Love to. Can't. Must medicate. Have fun!

So while all my co-workers trotted off to the nearest bowling lane, I stayed behind alone in the office, just me and the temp who got suckered in to answer the phone. Needless to say, I did not sit at my desk diligently working away on any of the projects I could have done. I made far better use of my time by plotting out the Regency-set historical I’m going to start writing once The Outlaw Bride is finished. So far, it all seems to be coming together quite nicely…it’s really a shame I couldn’t get rid of my co-workers every afternoon. I’d get soooo much more done, writing-wise that is.

My mother also called me today to tell me she is ready to proofread the next chapter of TOB -- the next chapter of course being the big love scene. Picture me banging my head on my desk wondering why I ever asked my mother of all people to proofread my manuscript for me in the first place. There is just a level of ickiness I’m not prepared to deal with at the thought of my mother reading a fairly graphic love scene that, if it were a movie, would receive an R-rating, but only if the camera was angled a certain way.

Groan…

No comments: