Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Brand New Year

Cedar checking out the holiday action.
Okay - it's not quite a brand new year, but since I have decided to resurrect this blog and try to post more regularly, I figure the weekend is the best time to do that. And given we are supposed to get hit with a winter storm warning in effect for tomorrow, I thought tonight would be a good night to start. With gusty winds there's always the possibility the power could take off to parts unknown (probably Cuba if its smart) come tomorrow.

So here's a bit of an update since I've been out of the loop for a bit. I'm thrilled to report I have signed a two book contract with Harlequin Historicals. The first book is SALVATION FALLS (although I suspect the title will change, stay tuned) and will be released in early 2014. The second one I am working on now and is tentatively titled, A HEART BETRAYED. If some of you diehards from a few years back may recall, Salvation Falls was the book I did for my first NaNoWrimo. Both are western historical romances.

My deadline for A Heart Betrayed is May 31, 2013. I've completed the research and outline and now I'm writing madly to get the first draft done by March 9th. This is the first time I'm writing on someone else's schedule other than my own. Gulp.

In other news, I will be ending my tenure at my current job on January 17th and starting a new/old job on January 21st. I say new/old because my former employer made me an offer I'd have been a fool to turn down. It will allow me more writing time, and hopefully work out when it comes time to transition to working part time and writing full time. I'll miss my current boss, she's been great to work with, and the friends I've made there, but in the end I had to make the decision based on what was best for my writing.

And in exciting news - I'm currently planning a trip to Rome, Italy in 2013. I'm slowly working my way through my list of places to go. Checked off my list - Paris, New York City, San Francisco and Prague. Next up Rome. Then...maybe Croatia. Or England. Maybe Bulgaria. Who knows...

Meanwhile - let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous 2013! Hope you all had the best of holidays and that the new year treats you right!

Just a reminder, if you're looking for me on the interwebs, here's where you can find me:

Website: www.kellyboyce.com (in process of being updated!)
Facebook Page: Kelly Boyce, Author
Twitter: @KellyLBoyce
Pinterest:  Kelly Boyce

And, of course, here. :)

~ Kelly

3 comments:

MJFredrick said...

So many changes! But it all sounds so hopeful! Congratulations on your HH contract!

Melissa Amateis said...

So awesome about Harlequin Historicals! Way to go, Kelly! And I am VERY jealous of your trip to Italy. Have fun!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Happy 2013, Kelly! So many great things in store for you, I just know it!