Friday, January 23, 2009

The SuccessTeam

A group of my writing pals (including Anne who did a fabulous job on my new website) have gotten together to form a SuccessTeam. Basically, the gist of this group is to meet every two weeks, set specific goals and then egg / encourage / harass each other into meeting them. But, while this group consists of said writing pals, it isn’t just a ‘writing goals group’. We can set goals on anything we want to accomplish be they writing, health, money/finances, etc. And given that I function much better when I have a goal, this is right up my alley.

I mean really – if it involves a calendar, set dates, specific goals…why, I get positively giddy. It’s sad really. My friends and family razz me mercilessly about this at times, but hey, this is how I get things done. I make a plan. Then I make a back up plan (and yes, my back up plans also have back up plans – easier to shift gears at a moment’s notice if Plan A or B need tweaking). Then, I give myself a deadline, and then, finally, I put the proverbial pedal to the medal and get things done.

You’ve likely heard the expression: There’s no “I” in “TEAM”. Maybe not. But there’s an “M” and an “E”. And ME is going to put it into high gear this year and get some serious stuff accomplished. Manuscripts revised, research done, weight lost, health improved, books read and knitting projects completed.

And I’ve got ME and the TEAM to make sure that happens.

4 comments:

Rene said...

Good for you. Sounds like a great group!

Melissa Amateis said...

What a great idea. I think we always do better when we have a support system behind us.

Unknown said...

Kelly, your determination is inspiring. I feel like a slacker.

I LOVE your new website. Anne sure did a great job for you!

Annette Gallant said...

Hey, I think making lists is great. I do it too, although I then sometimes lose the lists.....

I'm doing well with my own ST goals. Partly because I'm now focused on what I need to do, and partly because I don't want to be embarrassed when we next meet. :-)