Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Taking a Break

I'm feeling a bit brain dead. My creative well is running a bit low and I realized I haven't taken much of a break from my writing all year. So I have decided to take a little hiatus for the rest of this week and jump back into it when I have time over the holidays. Then in January I'll put the big push on to finish my revisions before month end and get Brimstone off to Berkeley.

So for a few days at least, I get to kick up my feet and recharge my batteries.

Speaking of the holidays, I'm hoping I can get in some movie time. There are a few I want to see: P.S. I Love You; I Am Legend; and Atonement. Hopefully I can sneak away. Although I think I'd prefer someone with me when I go see I Am Legend. I hear it's pretty intense and if I reach out in grab someone in the theatre during a crucial moment, I'd really prefer it be someone I know. Strangers don't always look kindly upon that kind of thing...

12 comments:

Christine d'Abo said...

You deserve the break, Kelly. Take the time to recharge and then you'll be ready to race come 2008.

Amy Ruttan said...

If you did NaNo you need a break!!

I so want to see I am Legend, PS I love you (cause of Gerry) and The Waterhorse.

My kids want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks (THERE IS NO GOD!!) ;)

julia said...

My mom and I are going to see 'PS I Love You' Friday night. Opening box office for Gerry! Are you busy?

Lexi said...

Good decision! It will do you AND your muse a world of good. Enjoy!

maxx said...

The sprog and I want to see Legend too so we can plan a movie night if you like.

Annie Mac said...

Sounds like a good time to recharge. And I'm hoping to get to a few movies over the holidays as well.

Dixie Belle said...

Happy Holidays, Kelly! I think I'm going to do the same thing, kick back and enjoy the next few days. We all need some time off.

Melissa Marsh said...

I've heard I Am Legend is a bit scary. I'll have to wait to see it when it comes out on DVD so I can hide under the blanket if need be. ;-)

I really want to see Atonement, too.

And yes, you DESERVE a break!

Tess said...

Yeah, I think you need a break too! You work so hard - sometimes we end up doing our best work subconsciously while we rest our brains.

Enjoy the holiday Season :)

Annette said...

I think taking a break over the holidays is a great idea. Then once January hits, you'll be raring to go again.

I want to see The Kite Runner. This is always a great time of year for movies.

MaryF said...

I LURVE PS I LOVE YOU. I know, shocking.

Enjoy your break!

Julie S said...

Good luck with the recharge...