Monday, November 19, 2007

Write-Ins, Christmas & Presents For Me!

NaNo is getting near the end, just twelve days to go to the end. I'm well on track to finish, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should make the 50,000 words by the end. This week my production will slow to a crawl on Salvation Falls while I fix up Brimstone, but if I can make it to 45,000 words by the end of this week I should be fine.

The edits to Brimstone are coming along pretty good. I have the section I'm submitting to the GH cleaned up and good to go, and my synopsis is written (though I doubt I would call it anywhere near brilliant. Functional would maybe be more appropriate). Now I just need to clean up the rest of the manuscript as best I can. There are changes I want to make, but I think they will have to wait until next month. I won't have time to make those changes throughout the manuscript in just a few short days, and if I want to meet the GH deadline, this has to be off in the mail by Friday.

We did another write-in with the NaNo crew at Starbucks on Saturday. These are a lot of fun and I can't believe how much I get done when I'm there. This last excursion I ended up with 4,100 words, bringing my total to 42,001 words. We're talking about making this a monthly thing even after NaNo is finished.

In other news: I finished my Christmas shopping on Sunday. Yahoo! I will not have to step foot in a mall until well after the Season has ended. Given how much I hate crowds, this can only be a good thing. Also, a little early Christmas present for me - I have preordered Rescue Dawn which comes out on DVD this Tuesday. It should arrive in my mailbox by the 22nd. Ho, ho, ho!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous that you've finished your Christmas shopping. Since I'm going the gift card route for the relatives, I only have major shopping for my daughters.

Melissa Amateis said...

I haven't even started Christmas shopping. I'll probably just try to cram it in to one day. ;-)

Amy Ruttan said...

Good luck on the GH! My NaNo totally got sidetracked because of the two sales I made. I'm back on the wagon now but only at a measley 6k. I doubt I'll make it to the end. *sigh* That's what you get when you sell your last years NaNo this year.

Tess said...

Hmmm, ya know, if you weren't so nice and so much fun, I'd have to hate you. You're on track for 50,000 words AND you've finished your Christmas shopping?????? I've only just started mine!! Bought a cool mug for my sis at a craft show on the weekend.

Good luck reaching 50,000 words!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Kelly, you continue to amaze - though not really. For other people this would be impossible! For Kelly - simply the art of being.

Unknown said...

You're creaming me, Kelly. I'll be happy to hit 40,000 this week. I'll try and do a bit of crazy writing this weekend again, trying to catch up. :)

Rene said...

Congrats on your Nano progress, that is wonderful.

I've got a lot of my shopping done as well. I really don't have much and I also bought a present for me (a new Kitchenaid mixer).

Toni Anderson said...

I have 'almost' finished my Christmas shopping :)

Well done on NaNo!!!! And the edits. What a fabulous achievement :) And I saw the movie advertised--looks fab :)

Dixie Belle said...

I haven't done any Christmas stuff. I'm not planning on doing much this year. Can't wait to see Rescue Dawn! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yes -- we definitely need to keep the write-ins going.

Good luck with the GH submission. I'm sure you'll be relieved to have it out the door.

Wahhhhh! I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I'm normally done by now or close to it. Guess I better get a move on.