Friday, November 02, 2007

NaNo Day 2: Java Needed Stat!

Well Day 1 started off with a bang. The creativity just spewed out and at the end of the day I had 4,420 words. I woke up this morning raring to go. My brain however, had other ideas. It decided to stay in slumber-mode until after I had been writing for an hour and the java jolt kicked it into high gear. Once that happened, my fingers started clicking along the keyboard at an alarming rate of speed trying to play catch up. I had a funeral scene to write, Caleb and Abby's first face to face, and damn if that pesky villain didn't put in an appearance. I managed to pull off 1,722 words bringing my total count to 6,162. Whew.

I am packing up the Alphie and taking it to work with me so I can rack up some more wordage on my lunch hour. Tomorrow morning I need to get up early and finish the last scene that requires editing for Brimstone. Then at 10:30 there is a brunch for my Mom's birthday. Once I return home I'll have to play catch up for my word count on NaNo then and print off two copies of D&B. I hope I can get it all done but at least if I get far enough ahead today with NaNo, I won't have to worry too much if I don't get a high word count tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

HOLY COW. 6k??? You're doing great, Kelly! Keep it up!

Toni Anderson said...

Well done Kelly!!!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! :)