Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rebroadcasting the Documentary

For any of you who missed it, or for any of you who just can't get enough of it - the documentary, Who's Afraid of Happy Endings is being rebroadcast on Bravo Canada this Sunday, June 10th at 6 pm EST. So grab some popcorn, set the VCR or TiVO and watch me cross swords, get told virgins are where it's at, and pontificate about the good ole love scene. And of course there's other people in there too - most of who manage to sound far more pithy than yours truly. Kathryn Smith and Kayla Perrin for example.

Still no news yet on when it'll broadcast in the US but I'll keep you guys posted.

Meanwhile, I have to admit two new obsessions. Facebook (or Crackbook as I like to call it) is my newest obsession. I'm getting in touch with so many people I lost touch with that it borders on the ridiculous. It's like an online reunion. Damn this internet thing, I really think it's catching on. So if you're a crackbook addict as well, look me up and add me to your friends list if you're so inclined. I'm a regular on there.

The other obsession is a little more embarrassing. David Beckham. Well, okay, not actually David Beckham. More like David' Beckham's face. In the spin-off series from the one I'm currently working on, there are two characters that bear a resemblance to each other. One is introduced in Book 4 of the current series. The other is mentioned throughout the current series but not introduced until Book 1 of the next series. But their faces are beginning to take shape in my mind. One character is the missing Earl. One is from the streets. Their lives become intertwined in a strange series of events. The question is, which one is the earl and which one is from the streets. I have David and Gabriel Aubry and not sure who is going to play which part. What do you think? Which is which?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crackbook is right! It's a neat site though. I have to add some photos to mine.

Can't wait to watch the documentary again. I'll add the date to the website.

LOL I love David Beckham! And I'm not ashamed to admit it. I think it's his smile. Okay, maybe a few other things as well. :-)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

It's so great to have a rebroadcast, Kelly! I'm staying away from Facebook for now because it's too image-heavy. And I think David Beckham is scrappier - maybe the one from the streets?

Melissa Amateis said...

That man is definitely good looking. Yum.

Kelly Boyce said...

I thought about that, but then at the same time, he looks very earl-like, he has that remote coolness that seems very aristocratic. And that pix of Gabriel has a sense of wileliness about it...I don't know...I just don't know...

Anonymous said...

I don't know but I sure enjoyed those pics ...

Toni Anderson said...

Must try and catch the documentary.

I don't have a thing for Becks, despite my childbirth ramblings, but he's got a beautiful face and body--it's his voice I don't like. Just give him a nice voice :)

Kelly Boyce said...

Yeah, weirdly my characters voices rarely match the ones they actually have. And I think I've only heard Becks speak once or twice so it isn't too ingrained in my brain.

Unknown said...

I think David Beckham is hot but I've read that he's dumb as a stump. I'd like to see him interviewed just to see if he really is.

Kelly Boyce said...

I don't. Why ruin the fantasy? That's when I like to say, 'sshhh, honey, just stand there and look pretty, k?"

Lexi said...

I agree with you, Kelly! A friend of mine asks how can I love Beckham with that voice? I reply, "I don't need him to talk."