It’s been another slow news day at Casa de Kelly. I’ve been diligently working away at D&B and making a lot of progress that I’m really happy with. So since there isn’t too much to report of significance other than that, here’s a movie meme I stole from Mary:
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times: This list could be freakishly long because I watch all of my favorite movies over and over again until I can practically recite them, so let’s narrow it down to the first few that pop into my mind: Pretty much any Christian Bale movie, Count of Monte Cristo, Braveheart and Love Actually.
2. Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater: I think I went to see Time To Kill about 10 times in the theatre.
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie: Christian Bale, Angelina Jolie, Gerard Butler and Sandra Bullock.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie: Colin Farrell, Winona Ryder
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from: Again, we get into a long list, so here are a few that I actually use in conversation: The Princess Bride – “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”; Taps - “Don’t piss off the major!”; Star Wars – “Bank it, Chewie!” And there are plenty more. I use a lot of movie quotes.
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs: Ah, I’m really bad at screwing up song lyrics but I think I’d do okay with Grease and maybe Moulin Rouge.
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with: The Wedding Singer.
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see: The Prestige and An Inconceivable Truth.
9. Name a movie you own: Hahaha...seriously? Every Christian Bale movie except for two which I haven’t found yet. A lot of historical movies. A lot of good romantic comedies, The Bourne Identity...geez we could be here all day...
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops: Gavin Rossdale from Bush.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in: Yes. That’s how we spent a lot of time in the summers growing up so the list is long but the two that stand out the most are Jaws (still not recovered from that); The Thing, and What’s Up Doc. Uh okay, that's actually three. Whatever.
12. Ever made out in a movie: No. I’m too much of a movie buff to miss the movie. You can make out afterwards.
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet: Passion of the Christ. I think I need to be in the right head space for it but I’m not there yet.
14. Ever walked out of a movie: Once. It was a John Belushi movie. I forget the name.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater: Again, long list, but the worst, I’m embarrassed to say was the Titanic. It was the damn band players who refused to leave when one said he would stay. I was fine until that moment and then I just lost it. Although now, ever since a trip Maxx and I made to Cuba where they played that movie in English and Spanish over and over again and we kept making jokes all through it (Jaaaackk...Jaaaaaack...come baaaaaack), now I can’t watch it without howling with laughter.
16. Popcorn? I’d rather chocolate, but popcorn would be my second choice.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home): Once or twice a month of late. I looooooove going to the theatre.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater: Uh...a crappy suppose to be scary movie that wasn't and that I forget the name of.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie: I’m not sure I have one but low on the list are action like Rambo or Die Hard (but not ones like Casino Royale and Bourne Identity) and bottom of the list is horror and really stupid humor like Jack Ass, The Movie. I love period pieces the best probably and I love love stories either dramatic or comedic.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater: The Three Stooges Go To Mars. I’m not even sure if this is the right title. My friend and I were 5 years old and we got to go to the matinee by ourselves. The three stooges were in it and they were going to Mars. It was hilarious.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen: Probably Jaws. Did I mention I’m still recovering?
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed: Hmm...I can’t think of one.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen: The Omen (the original).
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen: Stripes with Bill Murray. I nearly cacked up a lung I was laughing so hard. And The Sweetest Thing hit my funny bone. I thought my sister and I were going to rupture something at the theatre watching that one.