I figured with the new year upon me, now would be a good time to buckle down and regain that focus. Drag the retreating belief in myself back to the forefront and get busy. This is no time for a retreat. And this is no business for sissies. So, as my friend is fond of saying -- suck it up, Princess.
Sucking it up, sir!
I sat down and developed my writing goals for 2007:
- Send partial of The Outlaw Bride to Kate Duffy at Kensington (mid-Jan)
- Continue to query agents 3 at a time until I find one
- Finish first draft of Finding Home by Mar 31st
- Finish second draft of Desire & Brimstone by July 31st
- Finish second draft of Finding Home by October 31st
- If not contracted, enter D&B and FH in Golden Heart (Nov)
- Outline Saving Grace (Dec 31)
I'm not letting anything else get ahead of my writing as far as priorities. I really want to focus on my writing this year and get things done, even if it means giving up weekends to do it.