Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Let the Gluttony Begin...

I'm not going to overeat this holiday season. I'm not. I am not going to gorge myself on every treat that comes in every basket that gets dropped at our office door. I am not going to be the first one to the kitchen to mow into said baskets. I am not going to hoard the Lindor chocolates and fight off every co-worker who tries to wrestle their share from me. I am not going to inflict bodily harm on my podmates should they suggest I not bogey all the salted cashews and pretzels. I will not make hot chocolate and eggnog my beverage of choice at every meal. I will ensure my lunches consist of another food group other than chocolate. Or nuts. Or caramel.

I will work out diligently, five days a week.

I will.

I swear.

This year I'll be good. This year I'll be...hey...hey...are those...*blinks rapidly*...are those...hickory flavored almonds...?

7 comments:

Maxx said...

STOP!! Back away from the nuts... that's right... just back away slowly and no one will get hurt...

Anonymous said...

Turtles and cherrie chocolates...yummy. I love Christmas!

Melissa Amateis said...

I've been halfway good. Fortunately,we haven't had too many treats come in the door here at work. Yesterday a coworker brought in cupcakes and I didn't have any - I was rather proud of myself. Of course, when I went out to lunch with my hubby at Cracker Barrel, I had buttermilk pancakes. *grin*

Tess said...

LOL - I know the feeling *g*. Sometimes we just gotta let go a little. Not a LOT, but a little - life's too short not to over-indulge from time to time :-)

Are there almonds? Eat almonds - they're good for you. Yeah, that's right. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you can't eat those nuts!

It would be like cannibalism. ;)

Anonymous said...

I say eat it all!!! I mean really, that's why they sent it over. It is meant to be eaten and you have to get there first as you work in a large organization and naturally all of the good stuff gets taken FIRST. For example Erin brought in a whole bunch of treats and I had to make sure I was there FIRST to take the good stuff...Sure leave some stuff but I say my reasoning would be that you don't have to pack a lunch as presto lunch is made.... thus saving on groceries...I mean really...there is a method. So your lunch is not exactly listed on the food group...well ta for now, I'm off for more almonds...

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! Yeah, I can so relate to this story!