Friday, June 09, 2006

Things I Learned from the MTV Movie Awards

Flipping through the pictures on msn.com from the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, several things became glaringly obvious:

1) I don’t know who half these people are.

2) A large portion of these people either (a) didn’t look in a mirror before they left the house; or (b) should fire their stylist. Now.

3) Most of these women need to be fed a very large meal consisting of meat and potatoes. Either that or the bobblehead doll look is in.

4) Flava Flav is more of a freak now than ever before.

5) Justin Timberlake is not Indiana Jones and needs to put the fedora away.

6) Jumpsuits and wide belts are never a good idea.

7) Jessica Simpson does not look human.

8) Your bra should not be larger than the cups of your halter dress.

9) Polka dots can be blinding.

10) Your dress should always cover your butt…by at least 10 inches or you just look like you forgot to wear your pants.

8 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

I think part of it has to do with the fact I'm not a fan of pop music. I listen to rock and some country but pop in general irritates me. At least the bubble gum pop we've been fed the past few years.

Tess said...

I'm no pop music fan either. Have always HATED Madonna. Preferred Kate Bush, whose music is pretty much impossible to pigeonhole, only it's definitely NOT pop.

Now I wished I'd seen the MTV MA show, so I coulda had a good laugh!

Melissa Amateis said...

Celebrity fashion is, in a word, horrible. If I dressed like that on a daily basis like they do (even in the moments they're NOT in the spotlight) I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Bailey Stewart said...

I wouldn't know who they were either, and that's most music genre's (I'm soooo out of the music loop). You've noticed that about Jessica Simpson too?

Rene said...

I know what you mean. I don't bother watching it anymore, it is too irritating.

Anonymous said...

Aww, and here I was all set to get you the complete BackStreet Boys' CD library, Kelly!

Would you rather Ricky Martin? *G*

Anonymous said...

Yes, the music industry folks are STRANGE. Jessica Simpson reminds me of a Barbie doll. Yow.

Bailey Stewart said...

Don't insult Barbie. *gg*