Well I’ve started the re-uploading process. I’m somewhat functional having reloaded Office, my CD burning program and Adobe. My internet access is working although I have to reset up my email. I’ve downloaded some of my Christian Bale photos so I have something better to look at on my desktop than the Windows background.
How much did I lose on D&B? About as much as I had thought. Roughly 30 pages. I have up to chapter 22 on CD, found a print off of chapter 23, although I think this may be the version before the changes. So I have some restructuring to do and some rewriting of lost scenes, but hopefully I’ll be able to recapture the essence of what is now lost in cyberspace.
Meanwhile, I’ve started my revisions of Outlaw Bride and I’m finding some great ways to tighten up scenes or change them to amp up the tension and rev up the pacing. I’m not even going to begin to talk about the typos I’ve found, but let’s just say there are far more than there should be given the amount of times I read the damn thing over. Still, now is my opportunity to make it better and I’m going to make sure I do that. Backing it up as I go, of course.
I’ll finish my rebuild/reload over the next week. This weekend will be spent at our chapter’s Writer’s Retreat which I am really looking forward to. Should be a lot of fun and a good break I’m really feeling the need for.