Thursday, April 27, 2006

Slicing, Dicing & Rearranging

I had an epiphany last night - and yes, it was a little painful, but nothing a few glasses of wine and a Wendy's chicken strip combo couldn't cure. So I set out with a vengeance this morning. Two scenes were moved about, three scenes were edited to make them fit, and two scenes were cut out completely. All tallied, I lost 14 pages. Which is a good thing, considering I'm over page count. Whew. Now I feel like I'm back on track.

So here's a little fun. It's all about sixes:

Six minutes to yourself - how would you spend them: Daydreaming about hot lawyer guy.

Six bucks to spend right now - how would you spend it: Two big thick Cambridge notepads. Or a three McDonald cheeseburgers. I'd get the chicken strip combo but I already ate that and with a drink it comes to $6.89 anyway.

Six items you'd leave behind if your house were on fire: (1) Every bad picture I ever took; (2) my coffeemaker...I've been drinking too much; (3) my cookbooks; (4) the clock my former company gave me when they laid us all off; (5) every knick knack I ever owned and kept for whatever reason; (6) the bills sitting in my 'to be paid' slot on the fridge.

Six items you'd grab if your house were on fire: (1) My dog, (2) my CDs with my writing stored on them; (3) my reference books; (4) my Levis; (5) my journals; (6) the quilts my mother made me.

Six words you love: Please sign this lucrative publishing contract.

Six things you want to accomplish before you leave the earthly plane: (1) Make writing my career (2) travel extensively through Europe (3) fall in love; (4) learn to ballroom dance; (5) get my black belt in tae kwon do; (6) watch my niece and nephews grow up.

Six People I Tag:
Nikki, Tess, Peggy, Maxx, Michelle & Melissa

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Ooh, this looks like a fun one! I shall definitely do it tomorrow.

Love the pic! Now we know what you look like! :-)

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh...I like your six words!! :)