Saturday, May 21, 2005

Mothers, Love Scenes and Stuck Pigs

Today was a good day. The pooch, after knocking around her stitches and bleeding like a stuck pig yesterday, is doing fine now, due in no small part to a neon pink pressure bandage (pink...they just had to make it pink...) and the moon unit collar encasing her head. I finally managed to mow the hayfield that had become my lawn, although the dandelion situation still needs to be dealt with. My mother picked up Chp 17 - 20 of my current WIP to proofread for me...which means the next chapter she picks up is the big love scene (being totally rewritten for the absolute final time I swear!). I am still not sure how I feel about my parents reading the love scenes but I think we have an understanding that we just don't discuss it and hey let's pretend it never happened.

I discovered the problem with the love scene wasn't that it needed to be fixed, but that it was simply all wrong and needed to be trashed and a new one constructed from scratch. Once I finally made that decision the words just flowed. I did 10 pages in 2 hours last night, did a little more this morning and plan on finishing it tomorrow. It is much more in keeping with the characters now and I'm really happy with it. Maybe Connor and Kate will have more sex after all. They'll be pleased to hear that, I'm sure.

I worked part of the day on constructing a template for how I want my website to look so I can send it off to Gary, the Computer Guru. I plan on having the website up and running before Reno since its already on my business cards. Just something simple and classic to start with that I can add on to later.

And to top it all off, I managed to get...oh about an inch knitted on the blasted baby blanket which I need to finish up in about 3-4 weeks. Uh, yeah...I really gotta get working on that a little faster. Or perhaps convince my niece/nephew to hold out for a longer gestation period.

1 comment:

Melissa Amateis said...

Don't you love it when you figure out what's "wrong" with the scene you're working on? It's a light bulb moment and yeah, after I've made that realization, my fingers just fly on the keyboard. Amazing how a different POV or location or whatever can make all the difference in the world.